Saturday, December 26, 2015

Calling home for Christmas


25th December 2015




Be a light unto someone

As we follow the example of our Savior, ours will be the opportunity to be a light in the lives of others - President Thomas S. Monson



I got to call home! Mom & Dad stayed up to await my phone call, for me it was 4.15 pm for them it was 00.15 am. The cool thing is also that my parents immediately called Jeff & Dan, Whitney & Oliver, thru FaceTime (audio)...meaning all of us could talk together! The connection was very clear and we even sang: we wish you a Merry Christmas. What a great opportunity to inform them about my experiences and to hear their voices!! Joking, laughing & expressing our love for one another!  

I had the pleasure of hearing Elder Bednar, we were allowed to text our questions to him in advance and he personally answered all of our questions. It was awesome.

MTC...we call it here a spiritual "prison" cuz we go from classes to classes not being able to be outside much, Jeff knew exactly what I was talking about ,) I do learn a lot but looking forward to go out and teach! 

Monday the 28th of December is the last time for me to receive letters thru Dear Elder/Sister, the day after I´m leaving on a jet plane: Salt Lake City - Chicago - Trinidad Port of Spain! Leaving the MTC bright and early. I´ll be staying on the island (or other islands in my mission field) for about 3 months or so till I receive my visa for Surinam. Next P-Day I´ll report about this new adventure.

Merry Christmas everyone!





The distance is far but we´re close in our hearts!






No comments:

Post a Comment