Sunday, December 4, 2016

Serving in Paramaribo North - Nov 28th

This guy served together with my brother Jeff


Well, I´m in Suriname and its weird but also good being back. So I am serving now in Paramaribo North with Zuster Parker, which is awesome. Our flight to Suriname got delayed, so we had to stay in Trinidad till Saturday morning.

There are a few things I have to mention about last Monday when I was still in Curacao:

- visited Hermana Jorge, an older sister, we talked about the Book of Mormon and asked her is if she knew if it was true. She then says: "God will let me know if it is true, He will let me know through the Spirit." We then read Moroni 10:3-5 and she got SO excited whilst reading it, as it was going along to what she was saying, it was really sweet seeing her being able to relate with the Book of Mormon and feeling the Spirit.

- visited with Rose, she's from Jamaica and we contacted her a few weeks ago, any ways, we taught her the Plan of Salvation and she really loved it. We asked her where she wants to go after judgement day, she then answered: "I want to go where Gods people are."
I just really liked the way she phrased that.
with Rose

I already miss Curacao so much, especially my companions Hermana Johnston and Hermana Palmer, but I know that they will continue to change Punda (city). What a privilege I had serving with them! They have taught me so much and I can't wait to hear about the miracles they are experiencing.


Live singing in Punda


Most of this week I was in Trinidad, which was interesting. We visited an elderly couple, I can't remember their names, but something that caught my attention is when the husband said: "I am so thankful for your parents because they taught you to choose the right, because of them you are here now and bringing families closer to Christ."
I couldn't agree more, I am so thankful for my parents, of the example they are to me and teaching me the doctrines of the gospel.



Since Zuster Parker and I have been here in Suriname, it has been a little hectic as we moved into a new apartment, unpacking, buying EVERYTHING from food to cleaning supplies etc., we didn't have much time visiting people. However, we did visit a less active, who we have worked with before, Rudy, and I am sure I have mentioned him before. We talked about the Book of Mormon and the importance of studying it. He has changed so much from the first time we have visited him, he really knows this gospel is true. And he committed to read to  the Book of Mormon. He even said: "The Book of Mormon has a lot of worth, something that the world and people can't give me."

Whilst I was in Trinidad, I was able to see Rebekah again, I´ve met her before in Trinidad, I think when I was 3 months in the mission. She is super awesome, she is the one who got baptised 2 weeks before I met her, and she was basically going out teaching with the missionaries every day and now her mission papers are in! I am so happy and exited for her, she is just the sweetest person!

Rebekah going on a mission soon


I hope everyones week was great, I love you all so much.

Zuster Vernes

No comments:

Post a Comment