Thursday, December 15, 2016

We talk to everyone! Dec 12th

Im SO excited for Christmas! Zuster Parker and I bought some Christmas lights this morning, so we will hang them up tonight.

Curacao


One of our investigators, Loes, is now on date for the "White Christmas" (baptism) challenge on Dec 24th. I am so excited for her, she's so awesome! When she came to church I asked her what she thought of it even though she has come many times before, she then slaps my arm and says: "If I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't make the time to come."
She´s so awesome, it was just really great seeing her participate in gospel principles class and Relief Society.

Arthur, another investigator, has progressed so much, I think we have only been teaching him for 2 weeks and he started reading from the Book of Mormon every day. He says: "The Book of Mormon draws me in, I don't know if that happens to you too, but I just can't stop reading it."
Zuster Parker replied: "Thats the Spirit."
He is now in Alma 56. After reciting the First Vision, he then says: "That was powerful, I felt something, it gave me power."
Zuster Parker replied: "Thats the Spirit."
He is really awesome, he has given us so many referrals as well, he´s on date for January.

We were able to teach Rudy this week as well, we taught him the Atonement and the Gift of Forgiveness. During the lesson, we watched a very touching Mormon message: Forgiveness/Burdens made light. After the lesson, Rudy looks at us and says: "Thank you, I needed this."
Moments like this makes me love missionary work even more, I just really love that my companion and I are able to just help people feel the Spirit. I am so grateful for the gospel, it has blessed my life in so many ways.


Church in Curacao 

During this week we did a lot of contacting, its only really fun when you find people that actually wants to listen. But this day was one of those days where people would either hide from us or ignore us. Anyways we go to a gas station to grab some water and we run into a man. He had a huge smile on his face and greeted us, he then says: "Do you remember me?"
He looked super familiar, but we couldn't quite remember him, he then says: "You talked to me not too long ago."
I then think: "We talk to everyone." Zuster Parker then says: "Chin!!" (his name)
Eventually I remembered, we contacted this guy...however he said he´ll call us (which normally means no) But, as it was raining a lot, he invited us to sit with him, and we had a beautiful lesson with him about God. Before we left he grabbed some "Quality Street Chocolate", which just brought so many memories from home.

This week we saw Remi, just reactivated him, he talks A LOT!! Its very hard to just get one word in, any ways in his prayer he says: "God, please give this sisters patience with me. I really need them and I know I can be annoying, but I am so grateful for them and I need them!"

I hope everyones week was great!! I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I know God knows and loves us!

I love you all so much, speak to you soon!

Zuster Vernes



Curacao



No comments:

Post a Comment