Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Spirit was so strong! April 3rd

It was a good week, unfortunately most of it we had to stay inside because we all got the flu. I still have it but its getting better. And Zuster Hendricks got bitten by a spider and she's allergic to the sun, so her skin was on fire. We spent some of our days in the doctors office.

We are all "dying" from the flu



Sometime during this week, President Egbert, called and told me that I am getting a new companion from the MTC (=Missionary Training Centre), we will be serving together in Paramaribo North, her name is Zuster Jorgen from Ogden Utah.







On Monday we got to see one of my favrotie investigator; Stephanie and her family, we were talking about scripture study and baptism. Karol, brazilian member, helped us out a lot and shared a very sincere testimony of how she gained her testimony of the Book of Mormon.

 At the end of the lesson Stephanie´s finance than said:
"I guess it´ll be better that we´ll get baptised ."
My companion and I just looked at each other and said: "Yeah, that would be good."

At the doctors office, Zuster Hendricks allergic spider bite reaction

Wendell received a Priesthood blessing, he decided not to use black magic, which was a huge relief. Dave then came and gave him a blessing of comfort, during the blessing the Spirit was just so strong!! As soon as Dave finished, Wendell looked right at us and said: "You felt that too right?"
His complete attitude just changed which was just so amazing to witness. He is super awesome and reads out of the Book Of Mormon every day!

Then of course we had General Conference which was just amazing as usual. There were quite a few talks that spoke directly to me, I really love this gospel, I feel so privileged to be here in Suriname and to serve our Heavenly Father.
At General Conference with Karol

I love you all so much, keep reading the Book of Mormon!

Speak to you soon.

Zuster Vernes

No comments:

Post a Comment