Monday, May 29, 2017

I just love sharing the gospel - May 29th

This week was honestly amazing. Being able to go to MLC. It kind of just felt like a very long EFY/YSA Conference/ General Conference all in one.

I haven't been able to go teaching very much this week as I came back to my area Friday morning. But I did get to share the gospel in the plane with two people which was super awesome! 



I honestly just love sharing the gospel. It makes me so happy even it they don't quite accept the gospel yet. During the plane ride back to Suriname I had the chance to talk to a Trini (man from trinidad) I think I basically taught him all of the lessons. He was super interested and has seen missionaries before just has never spoken to them. Between the plane seats Zuster Baker was able to pass me an english Book of Mormon which I was then able to give him. He was so excited to start reading it. 

He even said whilst he is here in Suriname for 2 weeks that we can stop by and teach him. 


Yesterday after church we stopped by at investigator´s house. She started to open up to us and told us that she needs to move out of her difficult relationship. But she is stuck there as she doesn't have anywhere else to go with her son and doesn't have enough money yet. She then just kept repeating how she only needs to survive one more month there and by then she will hopefully have enough money. 

We then said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to let her know that she is His daughter that she can have peace in knowing that He loves her, knows her and cares for her. That He has a better life planned for her. She then hugged us and started to cry which really touched me. 

I can testify that Heavenly Father really does knows us and He just wants the best for us. 

This week we also got to see Arthur in the hospital which was good. He has been really depressed as he is really sick. When we visited him we were able to help him see the positive things in life. We made a list together of what we are grateful for. I think that helped him a lot as he was able to recognize the blessings that God has given him in his life. 

The theme of this week was for sure Romans 8. It's  one of my favourite chapters in the New Testament. 

I love you all so much, 

Zuster Vernes

No comments:

Post a Comment