Sunday, July 31, 2016

Week went by fast - Jul 18

Okay this week went by so fast, there were definitely ups and downs but I do not get discouraged! We need to have ups and downs so then we can appreciate the ups in our lives. I also appreciate the not so fun days because that means I get to rely more on the Lord to guide me to the elect.

Hugo still isn't coming to church, the reason: he needs to work on Sundays, which really sucks, if he comes twice to church he´ll be able to get baptized. He´s sad that he cant be baptized yet. We brought this issue up during District meeting and one of the Elders said that we should ask Hugo if there´s any way for him to find a different job. My companion and I prayed about it but we were not really planning to ask Hugo to find another job. On our next appointment with him the first thing he said was: "I want to come to church. I keep telling my boss that I cannot work on Sundays. I need to serve the Lord on Sunday. So  I found a different job and I can work there at the end of December."




Another great experience this week with Hugo was when we taught him about eternal marriage. We showed him a picture of the Salt Lake City temple and he was just fixed on it. He couldn´t stop starring at it. So, we asked him what he thought of the temple. He said: "Where is the temple in Suriname?" We: "Unfortunately Surinam does not have a temple yet." Hugo: "Why not? They should build a temple here, if they want, we need a temple."

Hugo is just awesome. I miss going to the temple. Luckily I do have the Sacrament, so I can renew my covenants that I have made. Do no take the temple for granted, it is the House of the Lord! If you have the chance to go visit the temple my advice is: GO!! If you feel you haven't felt the Spirit in a while...then go to the temple! I can promise you that you will feel the Spirit! It will overwhelm you, there is work to be done!! And all of you have the ability and time to go!




I love the gospel, I honestly feel so lucky being able to to share this with others. I am so lucky to be able to feel the Spirit every single day! I am grateful for everyone who has been such a great influence in my life. I just want you all to know that the Book of Mormon really is true. Don´t loose the light in your eyes. Too many people have sacrificed their lives just so we can now have the fullness of the gospel in our hands. It is a sign of love from our Heavenly Father.

Shevello, our recent convert is on ball, he´s doing so well, he finally got his own Book of Mormon and Bible on Sunday. During a lesson, he came up to me and held his new books up in the air with a wide bright smile! He is so happy!!

Hope everyone had a good week, I love you all so much!
Congrats Winnie, I´m proud of you and send me lots of pictures!

Magnify your callings in the church!

Love,

Zuster Vernes

No comments:

Post a Comment