Saturday, March 5, 2016

Monkeys, Puppy rescue, never boring, snake attack and loving missionary life!

This transfer is going way too fast! I know I´ve still got a long time until I get back home but I really dont want it to go so fast...this is so much fun! I have met so many cool people that love the gospel. I am so lucky being able to serve the Lord this very short period of time. I wish that I could serve for 2 years instead of 18 months! ;)

So I´m not sure if I have ever mentioned this before but Zusters in Suriname aren´t allowed to be out after 7 pm because of safety reasons. However it got announced a few days ago, that our Mission President has changed this rule!! We are now allowed to serve till 9:30 pm...how cool is that?! The first night though was pretty scary cuz it was just so weird, but I love it now!!





We went to visit a less active sister, she´s not very open and doesn't give you full answers...but she has been coming to church and other sister missionaries have been trying to get an appointment with for months. However she will never see them. And I asked her if we could stop by and she was actually there! We had a really cool lesson, we read in Moroni 10:32 and 33

 32.Yea come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ, and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
33: And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

After our lesson I noticed that she has a monkey! I was so excited because I LOVE MONKEYS...I asked if we can take a picture. I though I would be able to hold him but her son said that he is "evil"  so I only held his hand. I dont think it helped that Zuster Wood was pulling faces at him, especially because when she wanted to hold his hand....he tried to grab her hand and bite her!! Luckily he didnt.


Dog owners are so mean to their dogs, its really sad to see when they hit them and kick them. So whenever the owners dont look I give the dogs water, some are really skinny, I just cant help it. We were on our way to another appointment...I see a puppy in the middle of the street and a car coming at full speed at it! Luckily I was able to tell the driver to stop...I then tried to catch the puppy but it was so scared, so it would run away towards more cars. Eventually I caught it and gave it some love and water. Now the hard part was to try and figure out where this puppy´s house was. I saw a house not too far away with a ripped fence, which I think the puppy just went through it. As I was trying to bring the puppy back, the puppy´s mom was going mental at me...first she started barking then she went off and came with all her friends. I quickly set the puppy in front of the broken fence and ran! It was scary but at least the puppy is back home ;)







Missionary live never gets boring!! A few days go when we arrived back home at night...I took off my shoes and stepped inside our house...however I stepped into this massive puddle!!!We turn on the lights and to our surprise...our hose was flooded!!! We then noticed that Zuster Zeegelaar used the washing-machine...so we thought the water comes from that but it would not make any sense if it came from the machine. I walked away to see how bad the damage is, there was water EVERYWHERE ...it was horrible!  I hear my companions scream...I find them completely wet!! The water came from another bathroom sink which we never use. Zuster Wood thought she could fix it and started  to mess around and the sink just exploded with water and would not stop!! I run to grab the phone and of course my camera and yell: "I´m calling the Elders". Luckily we somehow figured out how to stop the water. The the "fun" began and we had to collect all the water with towels...it was a long night!



Cleaning up



Okay the title "snake attack" might be a bit too alarming...here´s the story: this week we had another exchange with Zuster Ashkraft in our area. We were biking from Kwatta to Balona park after seeing an investigator. To get to Balona are many different ways but there´s a road which goes quicker and it is also right next to the jungle. It looks beautiful and sometimes you can here the monkeys. Anyways so as we were biking we just talk about random things. First I hear Zuster Zeegelaaar 6 Zuster Ashraft say: "Ew, thats gross" and then "AAHHHHHH" I look behind me as I was in front and just see my companion having her legs on the steering wheel. I look down and there is a snake slightering away. It was crazy fast. But Zusters thought it was dead which is why they said :"Ew" It was a little scary but funny.

On Sunday my investigator Elizabeth came to church!! it was so so so good seeing her!! She will be baptized on March 19th. It was her first time coming to church, we have always invited her but there was always something that came up. In our previous lesson with her she was so excited to come to church. She´s been having some skin problems  and has been sick for awhile but she just said: Satan wont get me. I´m coming to church, even if my skin is itchy, even if it rains, even if I´m sick it does not matter. I will come to church"!! She´s just the best! She´s one of my favorite investigators, so loving and so kind. All her children are baptized but she isn't. She´s Guinese, which means we teach her in English, which is a lot of fun. At church her son Jimmy translated for her. It was just so great to see every one hugging her and trying to speak in English and welcoming her to this gospel family! It really touched me, I couldn´t help but think thats how people will welcome us in the Celestial Kingdom. All our ancestors will just hug us and welcome us back home.

We also had a less active come back to church. He hasn't been for over 8 years. It was so crazy to see him, he even brought his friend with him. They are great guys and they loved the church! We will see hem tonight, I cant wait until all these empty chairs in church will be filled with people!

I love you all and hope your week has been amazing!! Keep reading your scriptures and be the light for others that are still in the darkness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment